Using a visual element like an image or photo is a great way to spruce up your post or page content.
Adding Images in WordPress
1. Determine where you’d like to insert your image in your post.
2. Above the Post editor toolbar, you’ll see an Add Media button. Click the Add Media button and you’ll see the Insert Media box.
3. Your WordPress site uses a media library to store all of your media like images and videos. From this box, you can choose to either upload a new file or use an existing file in from the media library. To upload an image, click the Select files button. Find the image you’d like to use and click open.
4. Now that your image has been uploaded, you’ll see it has been added to the media library. On the right side of this box, you’ll see the attachment details for this page. Here you can change the Title,Caption, Alt text and Description. You can also choose the alignment of the image (such as center, left or right), where the inserted image should link to, the actual URL of the image and thesize of the image.
5. Make sure the image has a checkbox and click the Insert into post button. Now you’ll see your image has been added to your post.
6. If you click on this image, you should see two boxes appear in the upper lefthand corner of the image. The first is the image icon. If you click that icon, you’ll now see another box open for editing the details of the image. Here you can change the size of the image based on percentages (which can be a handy tool for resizing) or you can update the title, alternative text, the caption and link URL. You can also select this image to link nowhere, or to link to the actual image file.
7. If you click the advanced settings tab, you’ll see the URL of where the image file is hosted on your site, the actual width and height of the image in pixels, the CSS Class, styles and image properties that add padding around the image.
8. Return to the image in your post. The next icon in the upper left corner will delete the image out of the post.
9. If you click the Add Media button again, you’ll see the same insert media box. On the left side of this box, you’ll see options to create a gallery and set the featured image. Once you have more images in our media library, you’ll be able to add an entire gallery of images into the post.
The featured image of the post is sometimes used by your WordPress theme. Go ahead and choose this image as our featured image and return back to the post editor. Now, you can preview the post and see that our image has been added.